Tobago Police Report Safe Carnival With No Major Incidents

The Trinidad and Tobago Police Service Tobago Division is reporting a safe Carnival period.

Providing an update during Carnival Tuesday celebrations, Senior Superintendent Rodhill Kirk said that from the start of Tuesday’s celebrations, officers were out in their numbers and no major incidents were reported.

“Starting with the J’ouvert in Calder Hall this morning, a crowd of about 2,500 walked the streets this morning, and tonight we have the mud bands parading Scarborough, that estimated about 4,000 persons I would see in Scarborough. The police are along with the bands. So far we have no reported incidents, and I am happy for that.”

Superintendent Kirk noted that the Tobago Division adopted a zero-tolerance approach to any incidents, adding that officers’ quick response during the Parade of the Bands on Tuesday resulted in the arrest of one man.

“Earlier our officers were called into action when there was a little altercation, and they took those persons out of the celebration, and that is good. Things went smoothly after that. I also want to thank the Tobago public for being well behaved.”

On Carnival Monday, Assistant Commissioner of Police Michael Pierre said knives and cutlasses were confiscated during roadblock exercises, but no major incidents were reported.

Translate »