The Government of Republic of Trinidad and Tobago has begun its celebration of the nation’s 60th Independence Anniversary with a Road Show.
The Independence Road Show Caravan started on Friday, August 12th and ran until Sunday August 14th in the communities of Diego Martin, Arima and Barataria.
The Caravan featured live entertainment from entertainers such as Neil Iwer George, KMC, Skatie, Turner, Delamo, King David, Royal Stars Pan Symphony, and Malick All Stars Tassa Group.
T&T is celebrating its Diamond Jubilee, 60 years as a nation, and the theme for this momentous occasion is “Forging Forward Together.”
“As we celebrate our Diamond Jubilee, our planned celebrations offer something for everyone. The theme is designed to be inclusive and encourage each and every Trinidadian and Tobagonian to unite and work together to drive this nation into a positive future,” says Camille Robinson-Regis, Minister of Housing and Urban Development and chair of the oversight committee for the 60th anniversary of independence celebrations.
The Independence Road Show Caravan is among many activities, including concerts and exhibitions, that the Government has planned for the month-long celebrations which ends on September 25th.
The Caravan continues this weekend from August 19th to 21st at the following venues:
Aug 19th – Eddie Hart Grounds, Tacarigua
Aug 20th – Victor Chin Kit Park, Point Fortin
Aug 21st – Castara Beach, Tobago
For more information: follow forgingforwardtt on Instagram for the full list of events and highlights.
- Neil ‘Iwer’ George, Ronnie McIntosh and Ken Marlon Charles ‘KMC’ share lens time at the Independence Road Sow Caravan in Diego Martin.
- Patriotic! This reveller at the Arima Borough Day celebrations shows her colours at the Independence Road Show in Arima.
- Performing on home ground son of Arima’s own Lord Kitchener, Kernal Roberts is captured during his performance on Saturday at the Independence Road Show.
- Singers of the BB Serenaders delight the crowd with parang music in Barataria last Sunday.
- Malick All Stars Tassa Group perform at the Barataria Oval on Sunday for the Independence Road Show Caravan.