Key Points From The Ministry of Health’s Virtual Media Conference – Wednesday 24th November 2021
- Technical Director of Epidemiology, Dr. Avery Hinds stated that percentage positivity (the number of tests that return positive) is now at 45%, which reflects a higher level of viral circulation
- Dr. Hinds indicated that even though the month of November hasn’t ended yet, the total for November has surpassed the totals for July through October.
- Minister of Health, Terrence Deyalsingh, stated that over the past three months, 14 children under 1 year-old has contracted COVID-19 and entered the parallel healthcare system. 11 of these children are under three months old and there have also been 4 children, under 18, who have died from COVID-19.
- Minister Deyalsingh, when responding to a question indicated that no patient has been denied access to ICU at this point in time.
- The Health Minister also provided an update on the COVID-19 status of the Education system and shared that up to November 19th, 84 persons are in quarantine, 43 members of staff and 41 students. To date, no student out to physical school has been hospitalized.