MOH: Certain Groups To Receive Second COVID-19 Booster From Friday

The Ministry of Health will begin administering a second booster vaccine for COVID-19 from this Friday.

The Minister of Health, Terrence Deyalsingh, made the announcement at Wednesday’s Ministry of Health COVID-19 Update.

He said the second booster, or fourth vaccine, is recommended by the World Health Organization’s Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization. Minister Deyalsingh said the second booster vaccine will be administered to certain individuals, once those persons received their third shot four to six months ago.

The Ministry of Health began its booster vaccine drive for the ages 11-17 cohort last Friday. The Minister of Health said so far, 204 children between 11-17 years old took the booster.

Translate »
%d bloggers like this: