Key Points From the Ministry of Health’s Virtual Media Conference – Saturday 11th September 2021
– Minister of Health, Terrence Deyalsingh, announced that the Betting Shops under the Bookmakers Association of Trinidad and Tobago will be included in the TT Safe Zone Initiative and be allowed to get back to business in October.
– Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Roshan Parasram, in providing a clinical update, stated that the total hospital occupancy in the parallel health care system stands at 35% with 36% occupancy in Trinidad and 28% occupancy in Tobago
– Dr. Parasram also shared that there are currently 9 Paediatric cases in hospital with COVID-19, all at the ward level and stable.
– CEO of the NWRHA, Salisha Baksh, announced that in collaboration with the Minister of National Security and MP for Laventille West, Fitzgerald Hinds, vaccination outreach will occur in the constituency at the following locations until 3PM today:
Beetham Community Centre
St Barbs Basketball Court
Laventille Riddim Section
– Ms Baksh also announced that the vaccination outreach conducted at City Gate yesterday, resulted in 68 persons receiving their one-shot J&J vaccine. She also indicated that another outreach exercise will be conducted at the Brian Lara Promenade at the end of this month.